Clusters are large projects usually run by industry in self-organisation. Clusters are powerful engines of economic development and drivers of innovation in the European Union. They provide a fertile business environment for companies, especially SMEs, to collaborate with research institutions, suppliers, customers and competitors located in the same geographical area.
Source and further information: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/innovation/policy/clusters/
WBC-INCO.NET has mapped the clusters in the region and presents them in a deliverable on innovation infrastructures.
To read seven independent national reports on national innovation infrastructures please visit http://wbc-inco.net/object/document/7238
For conclusive summary with the list of mapped organizations, please refer to http://wbc-inco.net/object/document/7338
- CLUSNET: Organising Clusters for Innovation: Lessons from City Regions in Europe
- Evaluation of Cluster Policy: A Methodological Overview
- D8.48 (T8.1) Report on mapping of the WBC Innovation System
- Potential Benefits of Clusters in Southeast Europe
- European Cluster Policy Group Final Recommendations - A Call for Policy Action
- Introduction: Cluster - What's that?