Smart Specialisation is a strategic approach to economic development through targeted support to Research and Innovation (R&I). It will be the basis for Structural Fund investments in R&I as part of the future Cohesion Policy's contribution to the Europe 2020 jobs and growth agenda.
More generally, smart specialisation involves a process of developing a vision, identifying competitive advantage, setting strategic priorities and making use of smart policies to maximise the knowledge-based development potential of any region, strong or weak, high-tech or low-tech.
- Commission communications and working documents related to regional innovation and smart specialisation
- Guide on regional/national Research and Innovation Strategies for Smart Specialisation (RIS³)
- Smart Specialisation Platform
- Getting started with the RIS3 key - S3 Smart Specialisation Strategies
- [Event review] 12th Steering Platform meeting, Tirana, Albania
- Mobilising the ICT Coalition for Action on Smart Specialisation (Registration will be closed on Monday, June 18)
- [Event Review] Joint Workshop on Smart Specialisation Strategies
- Commission launches the "Smart Specialisation platform" to further boost innovation in the EU regions