SEERA-EI Pilot Joint Call in "Research and Skill Building in Scientific Cloud Computing“Back
The overall objective of the programme is to contribute towards facilitating cooperation of eligible organisations from six countries that launch this call in the field of Research and Skill Building in Cloud Computing.
The purpose of this call for proposals is to promote multilateral cooperation among universities, research organizations and enterprises with focus on the following thematic topics:
1. Studies of need for cloud computing in research in SEE. The expected results range from user community requirements capture, analysis of demands on cloud computing provisioning infrastructures, and specificities of target users.
2. Studies of state of the art in terms of middleware and IaaS solutions used in cloud computing - Europe and SEE. The expected results are comprehensive overview of existing solutions, and roadmaps and recommendations for future developments.
3. Pilot clouds for SEE - this action is envisaged to support set-up of pilot cloud installations and adequate management solutions for emerging cloud infrastructures in SEE.
4. Pilot applications for SEE - this action would involve development of proof-of-principle pilot applications to be deployed on regional cloud infrastructures.
5. Studies on requirements for federated cloud computing infrastructures for R&E.
6. Joint dissemination and training activities in cloud computing, workshops and intensive trainings.
7. Study on leveraging and combining e-Government and e-Science cloud solutions.
8. Data protection, security and confidentiality.
9. Legal aspects of cloud computing. Legislative requirements for cloud resource sharing within the region. The Steering Board, acting under powers delegated from countries launching this call (“Funding Parties”) and consisting of high-level representatives of their ministries, is responsible for the management of this call for proposals.
The programme covers the period from 1 April 2012 to 1 March 2015. Duration of projects may be 12 or 24 months and they start on 1 January 2013.
Applicants may be only from the countries referred here as Funding Parties.
Applications may be submitted by universities and other legal RTD entities and organisations that are eligible according to the document: “SEERA-EI PJC National Eligibility and Funding Rules” that specifies conditions and eligibility rules for each SEE country participating in this call for proposals. It is expected that organisations applying for project grants have results in area of cloud computing and that their proposals aim to collaborate in order to use better existing computing resources by implementing cloud computing in research.
The funding scheme targets institutional collaboration: private individuals may not apply independently. Concerning the eligibility of the applicants, each the Funding Party has to determine what type of institution is eligible, according to its national regulations.
Wherever possible and eligible (according to national regulations), the participation of Non Governmental Institutions (NGOs), commercial and industrial partners - especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) - is possible to ensure the relevance of the research to technological development and to the needs of society. Also, the participation of young scientists in the research teams is encouraged.
Applications may be submitted by consortia consisting of at least three organisations - applicants from at least three countries - Funding Parties of this call.
The Institutions which were partners in the SEERA-EI project are not eligible for this Call. For more details please contact the National Contact Person.
Eligible projects and duration
One type of instrument is supported: Joint collaborative research projects.
The joint research projects may address basic or applied research. The project may also include dedicated measures to enhance young researchers’ mobility, training, exchanges and access to medium /large scale infrastructures. The project should address research, development, skill building or implementation issues in area of Research and Skill Building in Cloud Computing.
The focus of projects should be a collaborative work of researchers in countries - Funding Parties in area of cloud computing, and not investment in computing equipment. This is expected to be supported by other national programmes.
This call aims at projects with duration of one to two years.
Each approved project can receive up to €150,000 from the virtual common pot.
Grant applications must be drawn up in English, using the eForm specifically designed for this purpose, which will be available on the website of the PJC: www.seera-ei-pjc.asm.md
Instructions for online submission are presented in "eFORM User Guide"
Instructions for NCPs and Call Secretariat are presented in "eFORM User Guide for NCPs and Call Secretariat"
For technical support regarding online submission of proposals, please contact email@example.com
- Engineering and Technology
Entry created by Esra Okumus on June 4, 2012
Modified on June 4, 2012