FP7 INCO 2011 CallBack
FP7 International Cooperation Call for 2011 has been published on 20 July 2010 with a deadline for proposals on 15 March 2011. Although the calls do not directly target the WBC, they can still be part of the consortiums in projects targeting other regions of the world. The call is mainly targeting the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) countries, as well as industrialized countries and emerging economies. The target of the call is reserach centers and institutions in those regions.
Topics of this call are as follows:
Activity 7.6 Reinforcing cooepration with Europe's negighbours in the context of the ERA (FP7-INCO-2011-6, ERA-WIDE)
The activities covered by the call are:
• twinning with research centres in Member States or Associated Countries in view of exchanging knowledge and good practices, disseminating scientific information, identifying partners and setting up joint experiments through short-term visits or exchange of staff, meetings, seminars, and similar activities;
• developing training modules to build competency and facilitate the participation of these centres in FP7;
• developing research centres’ strategy in order to increase their scope and visibility (regional coverage, activities), to develop comparative advantage and to improve their competitiveness by enhancing their responses to the socio-economic needs of their countries and of the region.
The call will be open to the fields of science addressed by the thematic priorities of FP7 and will target centres located in the following regions:
• Area 1: Eastern Europe and South Caucasus: Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan,
• Area 2: Mediterranean Countries: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Palestinian-administered Areas, Lebanon, Syria
Activity 7.7 Strengthening European research facilities in third countries: INCO-LAB Activity (FP7-INCO-2011-7, INCO-LAB)
In order to achieve these objectives, the activity should cover:
• The physical participation of researchers from the Member States and/or Associated Countries in the joint institute; covering the costs for their travel, subsistence and salary.
• The enhancement of the research capacity of the joint institute with a view of further opening it to new participating researchers; this would cover resources, consumables, support staff, supplies as well as depreciation of equipment.
• The preparation and implementation of future joint activities, typically the organisation of workshops, seminars or any other similar activities.
The call will target joint institutes located in the following countries: Brazil, China, India, Japan, Russia, USA.
Activity 7.8 Strengthening Joint European S&T centers in third countries: INCO-HOUSE activity (FP7-INCO-2011-8, INCO-HOUSE)
In order to achieve this objective, the activity would cover the cost of a feasibility study of the opening of the institutional arrangement as well as coordination costs linked to the involvement of additional organisations (travel, personnel costs…). The proposals should also propose a plan for dissemination of the results including the organisations of workshops and/or seminars.
As a pilot activity, the call will target joint centres established only in India.
The general eligibility criteria are set out in Annex 2 to this work programme and in the guide for applicants.
For ERA-WIDE activity : At least 1 independent legal entity
For INCO-LAB activity: At least 1 independent legal entity
For INCO-HOUSE activity: At least 1 independent legal entity
For additional elgibility criteria in each topic, please see the Work Programme.
Entry created by Filiz Hayirli on June 29, 2010