ICEIRD 2012: 5th International Conference on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Regional DevelopmentBack
The Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics and the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration (Sofia University) announces the 5th International Conference on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Regional Development to be held in Sofia, June 1-2, 2012.
WBC-INCO.NET will also be involved in the conference and warmly invites you to join this event!
Scope of the Conference
With acceleration of technological development and adoption and greater market competition, innovation is a prerequisite for enterprise survival. Innovation activity ensompasses both manufacturing and service sectors. The objective of the conference is to gather together decision makers (government, ministries and state agencies), innovation experts (universities, research and development centers, technology transfer centers, start-up centres) and practitioners (SMEs, business incubators and business support organisations) to generate discussion and exchange on the potential of entrepreneurship promotion and innovation to national and regional competitiveness.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts on the following topics:
- Regional systems of innovation, competitiveness and development
- Regional innovation strategies, innovative cities and regions
- Knowledge transfer and infusion, technology transfer
- Green ICT and supply chains
- Collaborative and intelligent systems of innovation, virtual innovation environments
- Innovative supply chains, network collaboration and joint ventures
- Business intelligence management
- Patenting, research and development in SMEs
- E-technology adoption and semantic web services
- Knowledge economy/integration, innovative companies and clusters
- Biotechnology diffusion
- Uncertainty and risk in innovation
- Predictive analytics and risk assessment
- Entrepreneurship and SMEs’ competitiveness
- Outsourcing and off-shoring
- Social business and innovation
- Service innovation
- Institutionally and research driven innovation
- Current themes, challenges and research in social entrepreneurship
- Benchmarking of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Best Practices in the region
- ICT-enabled innovation and new business creation
- Women's Entrepreneurship - Trends and good practices
Authors are also encouraged to submit papers in other related areas. The official language of the conference is English.
- Submission of abstract: extended deadline December 12, 2011
- Submission of full papers: January 6, 2012
- Early registration: April 2, 2012
- Late registration: April 10, 2012
Workshop - Innovation in the Western Balkan Countries: Capacity, Status Quo and Best Practice
Information on the workshop with Mr. Nikos Zaharis can be found here.
It is now time to register for the event. The agreed registration fee is €250.
The details for registering to the event as speakers may be found here: http://iceird2012.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=67
Regarding accommodation, information on various hotels can be found here: http://iceird2012.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=79
For more information, please refer to the flyer attached below or visit the conference website.
- General/no specific focus
- International; Other
- Social Sciences
- News: [Event Announcement & Call for Papers] ICEIRD 2012: 5th International Conference on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Regional Development
- News: [Event Announcement] Northern Balkans Expert Workshop: Knowledge Transfer from Universities and Public Research Institutes: Strategic Approaches for Intellectual Property Management
- News: [Call for Workshop proposals and papers] 6th International Conference for Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Regional Development (ICEIRD 2013)
- Event: Northern Balkans Expert Workshop: Knowledge Transfer from Universities and Public Research Institutes: Strategic Approaches for Intellectual Property Management
Entry created by Ines Marinkovic on July 5, 2011
Modified on April 12, 2012