BALWOIS 2012 - International Scientific Conference on Water, Climate and EnvironmentBack
The Fifth International Scientific Conference BALWOIS 2012 will be held in Ohrid, FYR of Macedonia from May 28 to June 02, 2012 in Metropol Ohrid Resort www.metropol-ohrid.com . Deadline for submitting is postponed until November 20, 2011.
The purpose of the conference is to provide a solutions-based forum and to exchange information regarding research activities and plans for studying the relationship between climate and environment changes and human activities with specific focuse on water related matters. Attendees will include scientists, engineers, managers, legislators, NGO representatives and policy makers involved in water, climate and environment related matters.
BALWOIS 2012 is a platform for creating partnerships in solving water scarcity problems, floods, droughts, environmental degradation and risk affecting different regions by facilitating the sharing of experiences through the presentation of scientific and technical papers and posters on planning research and development activities.
BALWOIS 2012 is organized under the patronage of the Prime Minister of FYR of Macedonia Mr. Nikola Gruevski, Ministry of Environment and Physical Planning of FYR of Macedonia and of the French Embassy in Skopje. BALWOIS 2012 is organized by the Balkan Institute for Water and Environment - IB2E www.ib2e.org - , the Macedonian Association of Meteorology METEO MAK, and Faculty of Civil Engineering (Sts. Cyril and Methodius University - Skopje). BALWOIS is supported by Ministry of Ecology of France, International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS) and various private companies.
The topics of 5th BALWOIS 2012 International Conference on which abstracts and papers are submitted are:
- Topic 1: Climate and Hydrology
- Topic 2: Water, Environment and Human Activities
- Topic 3: Water Related Risks
- Topic 4: Integrated Water Resources Management
- Topic 5: Ecohydrology
- Topic 6: Computing and Technologies in Water sector
For more information, please refer to BALWOIS 2012.
Those authors who have already submitted abstracts will be notified as to whether their abstracts have been accepted or not until 30 of November 2011.
Some instructions about the submission procedure
BALWOIS 2012 is using online Conference management system, therefore you have to :
- register yourself at conference web site;
- only after registration you can submit your abstracts via your account (using your username and password).
Instructions about REGISTRATION (opening user account) and SUBMISSION of the abstracts
1.To REGISTER you have to:
- Go on the page http://ocs.balwois.com ;
- Click at LOG IN ;
- Click at: » Not a user? Create an account with this site ;
- Fill the FORM and do not forget to check the box "Author" at the bottom of this FORM (to define your account as author) .
- This registration must be done only one time.
2. To SUBMIT your abstract you have :
- to use your username and password at http://ocs.balwois.com to access your account ;
- to choose "New Submission" ;
- to fill the form ;
- to submit the form (abstract).
3. To MAKE CHANGES (to add more authors, to change the Title or the Text of abstract, etc.) you should:
- Use your username and password to access your account;
- Choose « Active submission » ;
- Click on the Title of the abstract that you want to change;
- Click on the button EDIT METADATA (somewhere in the middle of the page);
- After making corrections, click on the button SAVE METADATA."
Source: Email from BALWOIS Organising Committee
- FYR of Macedonia
- International; Other
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
Entry created by Ines Marinkovic on May 23, 2011
Modified on April 12, 2012