News archive - [Event Announcement] LJUBLJANA FORUM 2012 Future of Cities: Sustainable development and energy efficiencyBack
GFS GoForeSight Institute, Municipality of Ljubljana in partnership with CeGD, Centre for eGovernance Development for South East Europe are organizing LJUBLJANA FORUM 2012 on Energy efficiency & being always on-line, which will take place at Ljubljana castle, September 20-21, 2012 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The main objective of the event is to connect, enable and encourage good practice cases and concrete cooperation among different stakeholders. Cities, regions, states and EU institutions development leaders will share their experiences in governance and the vision for development.
For that purpose invited participants and speakers are high level municipality and government officials, policy makers, academics, industry leaders and technology influencers. Participants will discuss, evaluate and put forward the EU Agenda 2020 in response to global challenges, energy governance and European sustainable development model. Dynamism and business focus of the forum will be confirmed by the exchange of development projects, where the best smart, sustainable & inclusive European city solutions and energy efficiency industry solutions meet with the demand and development gap of the cities of South East Europe.
- To present global challenges & European sustainable development model
- To present energy governance instruments financial support mechanisems
- To present energy efficiency industry solutions & new business models
- To support projects under EU financial prospectives 2007-2013 & 2013-2020
- To connect, bring about new initiatives and move forward
- Sustainable development model & EU Agenda 2020 Multilevel governance for energy efficiency solutions (EU- State – City/Municipality level)
- City Good Practice Cases (City of Ljubljana, Copenhagen, LF prog. Committee, EIB cities)
- Energy efficiency of cities & regions
- EU Financial instruments and PPP models for energy efficiency & connected cities
- Knowledge for Sustainable Development
- Connected city cervices for Always On-line generation
- Exchange of project ideas
Round table of Mayors & City Leaders
CeGD Newsletter – Spring 2012 has been published as well. You can find it on this LINK.
Here you can find out more about the event: http://www.ljubljanaforum.org/
- Danube Region
- European Union (EU 27)
- International; Other
- Engineering and Technology
Entry created by Ines Marinkovic on June 19, 2012
Modified on June 19, 2012