News archive - [Event Review] IPA CONFERENCE 2013 - Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (2014-2020) – BrusselsBack
On 25 January 2013 a donor coordination conference was held in Brussels focusing on the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (2014-2020) - IPA CONFERENCE 2013.
The European Commission published the presentations held, among others the one on Research and Innovation in the WBC, Education and Training, also information on the South East Europe 2020 Strategy is provided and sectoral as well as country views.
- Video statement by Commissioner Füle
Welcome address by Kristian Vigenin, Member of the European Parliament
SESSION 1 : IPA II, a new instrument for more targeted and efficient pre-accession assistance
Preparations for IPA II – overview of the state of play on the legal framework - Gerhard Schumann-Hitzler, Director, DG Enlargement, European Commission
- Better aligning pre-accession assistance with the policy agenda - objectives of the high level strategic planning documents - Joost Korte, Deputy Director-General, DG Enlargement, European Commission
- An IPA II roadmap for the work ahead - Rudiger Boogert, Head of Unit 'IPA Strategy and Quality', DG Enlargement, European Commission
- The policy areas of the new IPA (1) - employment, social policies and human resources development - Georg Fischer, Director, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
- The policy areas of the new IPA (2) - agriculture and rural development - Gerard Kiely, Head of Unit 'Pre-accession Assistance to Agriculture and Rural Development', DG Agriculture and Rural Development, European Commission
Priorities for regional cooperation - Yngve Engström, Head of Unit 'Regional Cooperation and Programmes', DG Enlargement, European Commission
SESSION 2: How to tailor IPA II to the needs and capacities of the beneficiary countries?
- The South East Europe 2020 Strategy - Goran Svilanović,Secretary General, Regional Cooperation Council (RCC)
- Assessment of key development challenges in the Western Balkans and Turkey - Cihan Sultanoğlu, Assistant Secretary General of the United Nations, Regional Director, UNDP
- Expectations of, and ownership by the Beneficiaries – the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Orhideja Kaljosevska, Head of NIPAC Office, Secretariat for European Affairs
- Expectations of, and ownership by the Beneficiaries – Turkey - Ahmet Yücel,Deputy Undersecretary, Ministry for EU Affairs
- Expectations of, and ownership by the Beneficiaries – Bosnia and Herzegovina - Nevenka Savić,National IPA Coordinator, Directorate for European Integration
Expectations of, and ownership by the Beneficiaries – Serbia - Ognjen Mirić,Coordinator for EU Funds, Serbian European Integration Office
- The viewpoint of Member States - Julius Liljeström, Director, Deputy Head of Department for Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Sweden
SESSION 3: Planning and programming IPA II - how to make financial assistance more strategic and coherent?
- Applying the Sector Approach to the enlargement context - challenges and opportunities - Ruggero Tabossi, Consultant, NTU - EPRD
- Growth through Research and Innovation in the Western Balkans - the moment for action - Paulo Correa, Lead Economist, World Bank
- Investing in people – the role of education and training - Madlen Serban, Director, European Training Foundation (ETF)
SESSION 4 : Implementing and monitoring IPA II – how to ensure aid effectiveness and high impact?
- Financing EU strategic priorities: blending EU grants and loans - Massimo Cingolani,Managerial Adviser - Operations in the European Union and Candidate Countries, European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Supporting economic reform in a changing financial landscape - Libor Krkoska, Head of Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Strengthening local monitoring and evaluation capacities - Jana Kunicova,Senior Governance Specialist, World Bank
Conference CONCLUSIONS - Gerhard Schumann-Hitzler, Director, DG Enlargement, European Commission
Entry created by Elke Dall on January 28, 2013
Modified on January 28, 2013