News archive - [Open Calls] WBC-INCO.NET Final ConferenceBack
As announced, WBC-INCO.NET is organising a large final event entitled "Towards 2020: New Horizons for RTD and Innovation in the Western Balkan Region” – WBC-INCO.NET Final Conference and Brokerage Event" on March 27/28 2014, at the Tech Gate in Vienna.
The CONFERENCE will bring together about 200 science policymakers, scientists and industry representatives from the Western Balkan and EU member states. While the core focus of the conference will be primarily on Horizon 2020 and thus the collaboration in science between WBC and EU member states under the new Programme, information on other on-going/up-coming activities in WBC in particular focusing innovation issues will be exchanged.
In line with the aims of the conference – Towards 2020, WBC-INCO.NET intends not only to present and discuss own results, but also
- To debate on results and lessons learned within other RTDI initiatives in/with the region within different panels and parallel sessions. So for example FORSEE is co-organizer of the parallel session on Information and Communication Technologies, C-Energy+ Network is co-organiser of the session focusing Energy research etc. – see the conference programme here.
- To offer the opportunity to young researchers, diaspora researchers but also to innovation experts to share their research results along the axis achievements, challenges and way forward (see the Call for papers)
- To offer the opportunity to different initiatives to showcase their own results during the 2-day Project exhibition (see the Call for Projects for Exhibition)
- To offer the opportunity to meet potential collaboration partners in individually planned B2B meetings and share new project ideas or own innovation products/services or to discuss more in detail participation in one of the upcoming Horizon 2020 Calls (click here for more details about the Brokerage Event).
- To offer even more practical information and assistance on different aspects of participation in Horizon 2020, a number of NCPs is invited to join the Conference and in particular the Brokerage event (see the Call for NCPs to join).
Key Dates and Deadlines
Call for papers:
Abstracts for Paper due: February 20, 2014
Confirmation for Accepted Papers: February 25, 2014
Call for Projects for Exhibition
Application form to be sent by: March 6, 2014
Confirmation for selected projects: March 6, 2014
Call for NCPs to join the networking
Application form to be sent by: February 20, 2014
Confirmation: February 20, 2014
Registration due: March 23, 2014
Conference: March 27 - 28, 2014
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Danube Region
- European Union (EU 28)
- FYR of Macedonia
Entry created by Ines Marinkovic on January 29, 2014
Modified on January 29, 2014