News archive - [Event Announcement] International Conference: Role of research in sustainable development of agriculture and rural areas, PodgoricaBack
The Biotechnical faculty (University of Montenegro) has been successfully implementing FP7 REGPOT 2010-5 Project: "Fostering a Science-based Development of a sustainable Montenegrin Agriculture - AgriSciMont”, since June 2010. The important part of the Project is the International Conference: Role of research in sustainable development of agriculture and rural areas’’, which will be held from May 23 to May 25, 2012 at University of Montenegro in Podgorica.
Agriculture is facing with many challenges on the global level: the climatic changes, providing food security and food safety, very demanding requirements in using natural resources and so on. At the same time, knowledge based economic development is emphasized and promoted at different decision levels. There is no doubt that scientific institutions are the right address for offering the appropriate answers to the challenges and to anticipate future trends in development of agriculture and rural economy.
The overall objective of the Conference is to discuss relevant research topics in order to provide a broad vision on how technological transfer and innovation can be a base for faster sustainable development of agricultural sector as a vital part of the rural economy.
Specific objectives of the Conference will be:
- Creation an opportunity to exchange ideas, strengthen existing and create new academic links in ERA;
- Strengthening the strategic dialogue between research community, government and practitioners in the light of the global trends in agro-food sector and latest reforms in EU model of development;
- Improving the knowledge on the requirements of international markets (especially EU) concerning safety and quality of the agricultural products;
- Sharing of the common knowledge and awareness concerning traditional food products in order to improve their image and market position.
The event is addressed to scientists and other professionals involved in the agricultural development (producers, decision makers, food chain representatives and public stakeholders).
Main thematic areas
- Agricultural policy and science in development of agriculture;
- Sustainable agriculture and modern technologies;
- Genetic resources in agriculture and forestry;
- Food safety and quality of agricultural products; and,
- The traditional foods – challenges in their promotion and protection.
Depending on the interest, the Conference will also cover other related topics.
- Submission of paper title: Nov. 30, 2011.
- Registration and submission of abstracts: Jan. 31, 2012.
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance: Feb. 28, 2012.
- Submission of full paper: May 10, 2012.
- The Conference: May 23-25, 2012.
The fee paid until March 1, 2012 is 80 euro, for later payments is 100 euro. The Conference fee includes: attendance of the full conference programme, the conference materials, refreshments and lunches, official dinner, and half-day field visit.
More information is provided in documents attached below (in english and local language).
From: 23 May 2012
To: 25 May 2012
- International; Other
- Agricultural Sciences
Entry created by Ines Marinkovic on January 30, 2012
Modified on April 12, 2012