The new International Fellowship Mobility Programme for Experienced Researchers in Croatia – NEWFELPRO is a fellowship project of the Government of the Republic of Croatia and the Ministry of Science, Education and Sport (MSES). The project is co-financed through the Marie Curie FP7-PEOPLE-2011-COFUND program. Its total value is 7 million euros, out of which 60% is financed from national sources. Project duration is from 2013 until 2017.
- To provide new impulse to national research programmes for foreign researchers, encouraging incoming mobility of experienced researchers from abroad to Croatia (new incoming fellowship scheme, duration 12 or 24 months);
- To facilitate additional mobility of the Croatian research community by increasing outgoing mobility of Croatian scientists abroad (new outgoing fellowship scheme, duration 16 or 36 months);
- To reverse the “brain drain” process by encouraging outstanding Croatian researchers to develop their careers in Croatia, also inviting them to return to Croatia (new reintegration fellowship scheme, duration 24 months);
- To internationalize research developed at all Croatian universities by fostering competitiveness and exchange of ideas with the best international research institutions (all schemes);
- To support the development of an effective labour market for researchers in Croatia by connecting industry and scientific community.
NEWFELPRO will launch three open Calls for proposals.
|CALLS||OPENING DATE||CLOSING DATE||FELLOWSHIP TYPE||CALL DOCUMENTATION|
|First Call||21. Jun 2013||18. Sep 2013||
|NEWFELPRO Documentation Package First Call|
|Second Call||3. Oct 2013||31. Dec 2013||
Documentation will be available
|Third Call||3. Oct 2014||31. Dec 2014||
Documentation will be available
Proposals will be submitted in electronic form at the NEWFELPRO web page. Proposals must be written in English and must be electronically signed by the project applicant and the responsible persons of all legal entities involved.
After the deadline, the submitted proposals will be checked for eligibility and those proposals that do not meet the criteria will not undergo evaluation and will be rejected. These eligibility criteria will be checked on the basis of information provided by the applicant in the project documentation. Even if at a later stage, an eligibility criterion is found not to be fulfilled (for example, due to incorrect or misleading information contained in the proposal), the proposal will be rejected.
A proposal will only be considered eligible if it meets all of the following conditions:
- It is received by the NEWFELPRO Secretariat before the deadline given in the Call for proposals;
- It is complete (i.e. all of the requested forms are uploaded, signed and stamped);
- Where a maximum number of words has been indicated for a section of the proposal, the proposal does not exceed the word limit;
- The other eligibility conditions described above are satisfied.
Following the eligibility check, each proposal will first be assessed independently by three experts, chosen by the NEWFELPRO Secretariat from the international pool of experts taking part in this evaluation. All project proposals will be evaluated against the following set of evaluation criteria:
- Scientific/technological quality of the project;
- Scientific/innovation and leadership potential of project applicant;
- Quality of the host institution.
Each criterion will be scored from 1 to 5. Half marks can be given.
Successful proposals will be invited to enter into negotiation with the NEWFELPRO Selection Committee. On the basis of the information provided in the proposal and the recommendation by the independent experts, a grant agreement will be then prepared and sent to the host organisation. The grant agreement should be signed in duplicate by the host organisation and returned to the MSES for signature.
- General/no specific focus
Entry created by Desiree Pecarz on July 2, 2013
Modified on July 2, 2013