Welcome and Tutorials
Welcome to the WBC-INCO.NET Website!
Below you will find an overview on different sections on the WBC-INCO.NET portal, however we also strongly trust that you will contribute to further development of the cooperation with and in the Western Balkan countries by submitting your news, events, documents etc. to this portal. All you have to do in order to submit your content, is to sign up for an account.
As a registered user, you will be able to enjoy the following features and benefits:
- Personalised information – by indicating your scientific and regional focus all related information will be automatically brought to your personal zone.
- Networking possibilities – you have the access to contact data of other WBC-INCO.NET users looking for cooperation and networking possibilities.
- Own news and event announcements – you have the possibility to disseminate your own news and event announcements – by yourself.
- Furthermore, you can enter your organisation or project in our databases, post an item on the notice-board and a lot more.
At a glance, the WBC-INCO.NET portal offers the following sections:
- About us (read more about our activities in the new section: Project results)
- News and Databases (News, Events, Calls; Documents;Links; Organisations;Projects;Research Infrastructures.)
- Useful tools (You will find here at a glance further information related to Horizon 2020, FP7, other European programmes, bilateral cooperation with and in the WB region; Danube Region; Smart Specialisation on finding open calls and project partners. Furthermore, if you are financial project manager, (potential) evaluator, mobile student or researcher, or if you work for or manage a SME which is involved in research – there are also sections within this area providing specific information focusing just on your needs. Finally, we also prepared some relevant documents; links etc. regarding dissemination activities in general or even documents also published in WBC languages which are related to research and innovation or to different funding opportunities.)
- Glossary (Relevant and practical definitions of important terms used in project management, related to research and innovation etc.)
- Zones (All WBC-INCO.NET databases (news, events, calls, documents, links, organisations, projects and research infrastructures) are technically available in five different zones: Public zone, My zone, Team zone, NCP zone and Steering Platform zone.)
- Notice board (The general purpose of the notice board is to encourage the communication between WBC-INCO.NET users and to encourage the exchange of innovative ideas or practical information.)
- Featured Documents (Relevant documents which deserve your special attention.)
- Featured Calls (Interesting Calls which deserve your special attention.)
- Projects of the Month (Here we will present and further promote projects of interest and relevance in particular for the Western Balkan region, but not exclusively – thus projects focusing the SEE or Danube region might be promoted as well.)
By browsing the WBC-INCO.NET portal, the most relevant practical information on "how to" is shown right after you click on the selected button. However, we have also published a comprehensive user manual which will further support your contribution on this portal.
Full-text search engine: supports phrase searching, wildcard-searching and AND/OR searching (Xapian - http://xapian.org/)
- The results that are returned are ranked according to their create date.
- Possibility to use AND, OR, NOT, XOR in your searches.
- For example, “research project” will look for occurrences of these words as an exact phrase, but you can also search for “research NEAR project” to find occurrences of the words “research” and “project” that are within 10 words of each other. You can even write “research NEAR/3 project” to change the proximity threshold to three.
- If, for example, you search for “programmer,” you can find articles that mention “programmers” or “programming”. Xapian currently supports stemming in Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
In case you have questions related to different e-Services, or if you encounter technical difficulties to create or modify your article or your account, or in case of any other questions, comments or suggestions – please feel free to contact us any time at email@example.com.
Submissions which do not conform with the mission of the WBC-INCO.NET project (such as commercial information and advertisement, information related to regions not covered by the project etc.) or which are considered as inappropriate for any other reason will not be approved/will be deleted by the administrator. WBC-INCO.NET preserves the right to modify submissions and to delete information which has become obsolete without further notice. In case you have questions related to this e-Service or concerning any information processed in the context of this service, or if you encounter technical difficulties to create, modify or delete your account feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.